Friday, May 2, 2014

Quick update on our progress

We have survived our first week!! I'll come back and describe in more detail with pictures too, but I'm in a bit of a hurry today to head back. 

Yesterday, our well guy Paul came a day early and started drilling our well.  He found 2 veins of water, but after going 210 ft deep, the most water he could get is .75 gallons/minute.  Not great, but better than nothing.  So we will have to get a cistern to hold 1,000 gallons and the well will pump into the cistern to keep it full.

Paul is back today to drill the hole a bit wider (I'll explain later and show lots of pictures too).

It was just beautiful out yesterday!!! It was 80+ degrees, with full sunshine all day, a light mountain breeze, and a beautiful blue, cloudless sky - all with amazing views of the snowcapped Beartooth Mountains!!  It's like heaven out here!

I had to run into town to do a change of address, so I apologize this is so short, but I promised Scott I'd be back and bring him a McDouble from McDonalds! 

Thank you to everyone for the texts, calls, letters, care packages, comments, and best wishes, thoughts and prayers!!!  You all mean so much to us and we can't thank you enough for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment