Monday, May 12, 2014

Making more progress... one step at a time!

Today we had the electric guy, Marty, come by.  He was wonderful to talk to and he marked the land for the electric line to be put in.  I guess they aren't actually going to be putting in a 'temp' pole after all.  Since we are 283 ft from the pole, he is going to put a smaller pole near it with a 'panel' on it - not a breaker box, but I'm not exactly sure what it is.  Then we will be digging a trench and laying the electric lines to the house.  From the beginning I always wanted underground electric because I thought the lines would not look the most appealing on our beautiful property, but the price was much higher to do that (originally thinking it would cost ~$8-10k for above ground compared to ~$15k for underground).  However since we are not going all the way to the central point of our land, it's going to be MUCH cheaper!!  Marty's approximate estimate for us is $2,500.  We will know later this week or next week when we get the official estimate.  He also said that it could take as long as 3 weeks to get the electric completed (after they receive our payment), but that knowing our situation he would try to encourage them to come out sooner.

We woke up this morning and realized my car was DEAD!  Last night I called my parents and meant to plug my phone in the car (Scott left the keys in the ignition for me, apparently on the 'on' position).  I didn't bother to charge it last night and didn't realize the key was still in the ignition and the battery died.  So this morning we fired up the generator and charged up my battery.  I will be careful not to make that mistake again!!

We are in Powell at the library right now.  We need to print off another building permit because the previous one has our OH address on it.  Then we are heading to the post office to mail in the building permit and the septic permit.  I called them this morning and was told that they should both be processed and mailed back to us within a week!! 

We are getting excited to 'get our hands dirty'.  It's unlike either of us to sit around, but this cold rainy/snowy weather isn't allowing us to get outside as much as we'd like either.

Last night I talked to my dad and he asked me if I missed Ohio yet.  It was really hard for me to tell him the truth, but we both just love it out here!  I miss my family and I could clearly tell my mom and dad really missed Scott and I both.  And nothing will compare to El Toro back home and their wonderful employees who have become friends of ours now!  But we feel at home here.  Everyone has been so nice to us!  There is something new to explore around every corner. And waking up to the mountains everyday is something I still can't get over!

It may be a week before I get back on here to update everyone again, but this week is going to be a little 'slow' for us again.  But once we get the permits, hopefully the end of this coming week, things will start picking up!!

Have a great week everyone!!  And thanks for reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment