Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Week of Surprises!!


My goodness it’s been an exciting week for us!!

First, we received a very special surprise gift in the mail!  A friend of mine that I met on Facebook, Kathryn Krouse, has been following our adventure here in Wyoming and surprised us with a chocolate tower!!  And let me tell you it is good!  There are a series of 6 boxes and all are filled with wonderful chocolates/candy!  Kathryn, if you are reading this, thank you so very much!!!  This surprise was absolutely wonderful and we can’t thank you enough. 

We also had another wonderful surprise this week too!

Scott’s cousin, Ken, flew into Billings for work and called me yesterday afternoon that he wanted to come down and see us!  I didn’t tell Scott so that it would be a surprise, and later we joked that it probably isn’t a good idea to surprise an Army Ranger! But it worked out perfectly! Ken had a gorgeous drive down through Red Lodge and then into Wyoming to our place.  I think he was completely mesmerized by the scenery.  I tell everyone, my pictures do absolutely no justice.  Out here it is a world of its own, our own little piece of heaven on Earth!

Anyhow, Ken arrived to the house just before Scott got home from work.  It was so much fun watching his expressions when he saw our house.  He loved it here and we loved showing him everything!  When Scott arrived, he walked in the door and if I remember correctly I think Ken said ‘Don’t shoot!’ haha.  I said, ‘Scott look who came to surprise us!’ and then it was all smiles and hugs!

Ken also treated us to dinner at our favorite hole-in-the-wall burger joint.  We had a blast! The best way to explain it is: Great food, Great friendship, Great memories!  I still am on cloud nine from his visit!  Most of you reading probably don’t know Ken, and I just met him on our trip back to OH when we got our stuff to bring to WY, but he is the nicest man with two of the best kids I’ve ever met!  We didn’t get a chance to see his wife, but I know she has to be pretty amazing too to have raised their kids.  All I know is when we have kids I hope the turn out like theirs! That’s how amazing they are!

Ken, if you are reading this, THANK YOU! You made us so happy with your surprise visit! I hope you enjoyed seeing our place and we can’t wait to see you again! And bring any of the family with you anytime:)

Here is a group picture when we had dinner (if this picture doesn't show up, I'll repost it on Friday):

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your gracious hospitality. I had a wonderful time. Your home and property are spectacular. You both are an inspiration to those who have dreams and an example of the courage and fortitude required to actually accomplish them.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete