Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Baby Update/Wyoming Update


Baby Update/Wyoming Update:

All is well here!  Over the weekend we went to Costco and purchased our first box of diapers!  We talked and every time we go to town, we’ll get something for baby Adkins so it won’t be a huge financial blow come August!

We officially have a pre-birth name for our baby! We were talking about it because we wanted to silly and come up with a fun name.  Scott came up with Daryl.  And if we happen to have twins they will be Daryl and his other brother Daryl! Haha!!  I guess this comes from The Bob Newhart Show (I’ve never heard of it, but it’s something Scott remembers).

We’ve made some big adjustments to our eating.  We are both eating lots more fruits and veggies each day plus I’ve completely given up Dt. Soda and all Soda for that matter. 

I’m starting to really feel pregnant!  I’m not showing yet, but I’m feeling a little bloated, I’m peeing a lot, and parts of me are sore.  Also, I’m so happy that I find I cry a lot from being happy!  So far I’m not having morning sickness, but I do find that I feel slightly nauseous at different times throughout the day.  Fingers crossed it stays that way!

We also were surprised this last week with gifts from our neighbors!! Joe and Helen surprised us with a little stuffed animal cat and their betting I have a little girl.  Our other neighbors, Jackie and Rich, gave us flowers!  We have the absolute best support system with so many amazing neighbors and friends that are excited for us and said they’d be there if we ever needed anything!

This week I’ll be picking my doctor and setting my first appointment.  I’ll keep you all posted!

On the home front – there isn’t much new.  We won’t be making any more improvements to the house until spring time.  But we do have a MUST-DO list of things that will be accomplished before Daryl arrives. 

Must: have electricity to the house (not just a single extension cord), have our water/well hooked up to the house, have the shower stall completed, and purchase a refrigerator and freezer (that way I can prep food in advance).

On a completely different note, last week, we had a few days of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets!!  I had a chance to snap some pictures and here are my favorites. 

Have a great week everyone!















No comments:

Post a Comment