Sunday, December 7, 2014

Our First Wyoming Christmas Tree!


Our First Wyoming Christmas Tree!!

Growing up, I have never had a real tree before (Scott said he has though), so this is a completely new experience for me!  Unfortunately, I haven’t felt well all week so Scott and I didn’t go to cut down our tree.  However, we have the most amazing neighbors!!  The Brian and his parents went to cut down theirs and they got us a permit and go one for us too! That was the nicest thing and we are so thankful for their generosity. 

Here you can get a permit ($8) to go into the national forest and cut down your own Christmas tree.  There are some pictures that Jackie took of Brian and his dad cutting down the trees. 

They dropped the tree off to us, then Scott chopped off the bottom limbs and brought it in the house.  We put it in the stand, filled it with water and there you go! We have a Christmas tree!  The cats were fascinated with it!  Our Princess (small short haired orange cat) just kept sniffing the air while the other ones were up close and personal with it.

So far, they haven’t climbed it, but I’ll keep you all updated!

Also, this week we received our first Christmas card!!  Thank you Kristin and Chad!!  I’m going to be saving them all and creating a ‘book’ out of them.  I found something on Pinterest where you take an old book, cut out all the inside pages, then us the hard cover to form the cover for all your Christmas cards for the year.  It will be fun to collect them all and remember this first Wyoming Christmas for many years to come!! 

I'll upload pictures soon....  they won't upload from my phone on here :(

2 comments: