Thursday, December 11, 2014

Let the Adventure Continue!!


Well our excitement continues!  If you read my blogs, remember a few weeks ago I mentioned there was some really exciting news? Well, we thought we had sold our house.  We had accepted an offer on it, but the buyer didn’t come through with the necessary pre-approval paper work, so unfortunately it’s still on the market.   But I guess you can say we still have some exciting news to share!!! And Christmas came a little early this year!

I’M PREGNANT!

Last month Scott started his new job and with that came health insurance.  Some of you may not know this but I’m 29 and Scott is 39, so we wanted to start trying for a family.  I honestly thought, and have believed for quite some time, that it would take me months if not years to get pregnant.  Now I feel like a walking billboard that it only takes once!

All joking aside, we are through the roof excited!!!   I think it’s still sinking in with Scott, but he sent me a text from work yesterday and said, ‘Yes MOM!’  That really made my day! I still am in disbelief that I’m going to be a mom!!
On Tuesday, December 9th, when Scott got home from work, I was overly anxious.  I told him that I couldn't wait till the weekend to head to town to find out if my premonition was true or not.  So without hesitation, we headed for Cody.  We stopped to eat first and our waitress happened to be 5 months pregnant! She asked why we were in town and I was completely honest with her - to buy a pregnancy test.  And she told me to wait till the morning to take it because of something to do with my hormones.  So I did just that... I didn't want to! I couldn't sleep all night!  And as soon as 6am rolled around when Scott's alarm went off, I rolled over and said, 'You better not have to pee because I can't wait anymore!'  Within just a few minutes I discovered the news.  I then handed Scott the pregnancy test and he was all smiles!!

I will be meeting with potential doctors here in the next week or two, then having my first appointment.  Our hospital here in Powell puts on free classes for expecting moms and I think I’ll take them up on it!

We told all our family and close friends, who were all happy for us!  One of the best responses I got was from my brother Ty – I sent him a photo of the pregnancy test and his response, ‘Did you fail a drug test??’ HAHA!  Scott’s mom almost didn’t believe me when I called her.  This will be her first grandchild and I think she was so shocked it didn’t really sink in!  And when I told Scott’s brother he was going to be an Uncle, he was very excited!  We shared the news with the rest of our family and close friends too!

I’ve had several people ask how I’m feeling.  Technically I’m only 2.5 weeks along, but I think how they track it I would be 4.5 weeks along (they start it from the end of my last period, which is 2 weeks before conception).  I don’t have a definite due date, but based on my calculations, it will be sometime in August 2015!

I’m feeling good so far! I’ve noticed I get very tired quickly.  I’m taking it easy and being very careful of what I do and what I eat.  I’ve completely quit drinking Dt. Soda which is my dirty habit.  I don’t drink or smoke, so that isn’t an issue.   I’ve been taking pre-natal vitamins for several weeks now.  And, Scott is on official, full-time, kitty litter duty! (Trust me, I’m so thankful for that!)

I honestly still can’t believe it!! I can’t believe we are going to have a baby! We are so happy and so very excited to start our family!  I hope you all can share in our excitement with the continuation of our Wyoming adventure!

2 comments: