Monday, March 9, 2015

Fun Filled Weekend!

Well our idea of fun filled included shopping the tile for our bathroom!! About 3 weeks ago, I was bored waiting on Scott to get off work so I ran into Cody, did our grocery shopping, and then I stopped at a few furniture/appliance stores just to browse.  I discovered that one of the stores actually sells flooring!!!  I don't mind making a trip to Billings to go to Lowes/Home Depot or any of their specialty stores, but I don't want what everyone else has from the chain stores.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I envision our house being unique, very personalized, and with details that make visitors notice.

Well, I fell in love with the tile selection at our local store in Cody!  And I have pictures of the tile that I'll upload next week, but for now I'll just explain it to you.  First, our shower is 40" wide x 8' long - it's a walk in shower that will have a traditional shower head at the end wall and a water fall shower head up above (that one's for Scott!).  For the tiling, I wanted light colors with accents.  On the floor, around the outside, like an outline about 6" wide, there will be river rock pebble tile.  On the inside will be 8x10 squares of this sandstone in an ivory/off white mixed color.  That same color will be on the walls in 12x12 squares but to accent the walls in a horizontal stripe around the inside of the shower will be this accent glass stoning that also has some marble in it.  I'm really excited because the colors really turned out well together!

Price - To frame up the wall, create the floor of the shower (concrete included), it will be about $250.  I think Scott still needs to buy the wire mesh and he's getting that local because Billings only had large rolls that wouldn't come close to fitting in my car!!
Tiling - This only includes just the tile.  We still need to go get the cement backer board, screws/nails, grout, etc.  But just the tile was about $1,000.  Really, I don't think that's too bad considering how big our shower is and that we got 3 different types of tile.  Or maybe I'm crazy and that is expensive!  The river rock stone was about $9/12x12, the white/off white tiles were $2.50 each, but the decorative glass/marble was the expensive one!! Scott said the receipt had ~$36 per piece (it alone was $400 of the total).  But Scott said if we would have gotten similar stuff from Lowes/HD it would have been at least $1500 for the tile based on his estimates.

Some other fun stuff.... That same day that we picked out and bought our tile, our friends in Cody - Amy and Larry - messaged us that they had something to give us!!  What a huge surprise!  We met them and they surprised us with a baby gift (Yellowstone onsie and Yellowstone booties!!!) and the coolest house warming gift!  Amy is an avid photographer and they gave us a framed picture she took of a momma bear and its cub!  Thank you so much Amy, Larry, and Charlotte!!!  You guys really have us spoiled!  For everyone else, I'll get a picture of it to share with you all next week!

After we got home that day, I went over to visit with our neighbors Jacky and Rich.  They have 4 female goats, all of which are/were pregnant, and just a few weeks ago they were surprised with their first baby!!  They named him Remus and let me tell you he is a character!  He's discovered his legs and loves to 'dance' around the place.  He's so ornery!  And he's still so small we can pick him up and love on him. Plus his fur is SO soft!  Think maybe I can convince Scott to get a goat?? :)

Otherwise, not much new.... Everything on the baby front is going great.  I'm 17 weeks today and still haven't gained any weight.  However, I just might have a baby belly picture to share with you soon.... maybe!

Have a great week everyone! I'll be posting lots of pictures and have more updates for you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment