Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

To say that today was an ordinary day would be deceiving you all!  I've been looking forward to this day since before I even knew I was pregnant!

Last night, Scott and I both were awake at 4am and couldn't sleep!  And ever since I woke up this morning I've been so emotional and periodically in tears.  But do you blame me! 

I had my radiology appointment at 9am and it took nearly an hour.  Most of the time it didn't hurt, but there were a few moments where the radiologist pushed on my hips and I cringed!

The fun stuff!! On the baby front, all is doing great! The baby is measuring at 18 weeks and 1 day - exactly what I predicted!  The baby is currently 8 oz.  There wasn't much movement from the baby except for the occasional jerks here and there, but now that I'm typing this the baby is moving around quite a bit! In case I didn't mention this in any blog posts, last week I felt the baby move for the first time!  The first time it only lasted about 5 min (this was last Monday when I was 17 weeks) and felt like a little bug fluttering under my lower belly.

The rest of the ultrasound went great!  I literally saw the baby's heart beating which I still think is completely crazy!  The technician took lots and lots of measurements from the head, heart, arms, legs, spine and even internally with the kidneys and bladder.

Now for the part I know I've been most anxious about.... the gender!  After tearing up through most of the ultrasound, at last, the technician finally took pictures and showed me what he was only 60% sure of!  Maybe it's my mathematical side, but 60% isn't good enough for me to order the gender reveal cards.  So you all will have to wait another 4-6 weeks to wait too! 

We did get our first photos of the baby! I have to admit, it still basically looks like a blog to me, but to see our baby on the screen and see it move around was something I'll never forget!  Unfortunately Scott wasn't there to see it but in less than 20 min I'll get to share everything with him too!

One more appointment to go to this afternoon - just a regular baby checkup.  If I have anymore updates with that I'll add it as an addendum below.

Afternoon appointment update: all went well!  I'm no longer dehydrated, in fact the nurse said I'm completely on the opposite end and fully hydrated! I'm still having issues taking my pre-natals so I will be heading to look for gummy vitamins in town before heading home.  But all is well! Next appointment in 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment