Thursday, June 4, 2015

You are in luck!!

For those of you that follow the blog, now that I'm having to come into town more often, sometimes once a week if not more, then I'll be updating our blog more often too!!!

I don't have a lot to update on today... 

With the house - We've really been enjoying, and feel like we are on cloud 9, our appliances!!!  We've discovered, or rather I should say our little Princess cat has discovered, that she can get underneath the deep freeze and hide!!  NOT GOOD!  So we had to put up a piece of plywood behind the freezer to keep her out!
Scott has wired up our first 2 lights - one in the mudroom and one in the bathroom!  It has been a struggle for me to remember that we have those 2 lights.  Scott has to continually remind me of them! haha
At this moment, Scott is waiting for the weekend and for the rain to let up too.  He's not done with wiring outlets/lights or running the water lines through the house yet, but he's on call this week and has been catching up on some sleep too.  But it looks like the rain is going to give us a break next week (fingers crossed), so he should be working more in the cellar soon!!

On the baby front - GREAT NEWS!!  I passed my 3 hour glucose test! I don't know yet what my exact numbers are, but the nurse called and said I was normal and passed!  I have my regular doctor appointment this afternoon (and then every 2 weeks now!) so if anything else comes up I'll post it.

I'm starting to get more tired every day, wanting to take a longer nap or sleep in a little longer.  I think part of that is because it has been a bit humid here and has been harder for both Scott and I to sleep at night because of it.  Also, we discovered, that the heat from the stove/oven really heats up the house fast!! (This will come in handy this winter!)  But right now it's a drag because the loft (where our bed is) holds the heat making it harder for us to sleep.  On one hand I wish we would have put in an upper window in the loft, but on the other hand, I sleep better in the dark so I'm glad we didn't.

My belly is really starting to pop now!! I'm almost to my 8th month! (just one more week and I will be!)  Now, I've had a lot of friends/family ask to see my baby bump.  I'll admit I'm not the most comfortable with pictures of myself because, for lots of reasons over my entire life, I've had body issues.  However, one of my goals is to own it and get it under control (once Blaine is here) because I don't want Blaine to see my issues and inherit them herself.  So with that, I've taken a 29.5 week baby bump picture to share!


Along the lines of being healthy and owning it, Scott and I (now that we have appliances) have been eating healthy together!!!  For dinner 2 nights we each had a few BBQ ribs, a large salad, and another veggie on the side (potato and lima beans).  And I have to admit that in the 1 week we've had the refrigerator, I've already eaten an ENTIRE watermelon, cantaloupe,  3 peaches, and a large bowl of strawberries all my self.  But at least they are healthy for you, right?

That's about all the info I have right now.... I'll post more later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment