Friday, June 19, 2015

59 days to go!

This is a post I've been debating on writing, but I feel that I've been so open with everything that's gone one out here that this is no different.

I'm scared.  Ever since I was discovered where babies came from, my biggest fear has been giving birth.  Don't get me wrong - I'm overwhelmingly joyed to be pregnant, and even more excited to meet our precious little girl; but in the back of my mind I'm terrified of the birthing process!  I'm so thankful that Scott is going through this process with me.  He is the calm one!  When I have a bad day, he's there to rub my back, hold me in his arms, and just tell me that everything is going to work out.

I'm a very positive and optimistic person and most of the time I've been able to put this fear of mine at the back of my mind!  And lately if I can stay busy I don't think about it.  But my anxiety has gotten stronger as Blaine's due date has gotten closer.

With all this said, I am ok!  Scott is going to take a prenatal class with me next month (that is actually FREE from our hospital!!) and part of the class is going over anxiety tips.  Another part of helping with my anxiety was asking lots of questions of my doctor/nurse and also taking a tour of the hospital itself.  A little at a time I'm feeling better.

And I have a huge thank you to send out to everyone!!  All my friends and family who have talked to me about my fears, you really have helped!  I'm so grateful for all of you, and be prepared! I'll probably be leaning on you even more as the days go by! 

Saying thank you just doesn't seem like enough for all the support, love and gifts that we've received.  You all just don't know how much that's helped.  When they say a family and a community helps to raise a child, I couldn't believe it more than I do right now!  And our family hasn't been limited to just blood relatives - we seem to discover family wherever we go and are blessed with our horse show family, our Wyoming family, our neighbors who are our family (both near and far!), and our military family!  We have so much love for all our family and we are thankful for each and everyone of you! You've all made an impact on our lives and we are very excited to share our adventure and journey with you.

I can't thank you enough for allowing us to lean on you for advice, for comfort and for encouragement.  Your support has allowed us to get through the tough times. 

Thank you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment