Thursday, June 4, 2015

29.5 week Doctor Appointment

I can no longer say I haven't gained any weight! I am up 3 lbs now!  I think that's pretty good for almost 30 weeks!

Everything went well...  my blood pressure was actually perfect this time (usually it's high on the normal scale), but my pee test is still showing I need to drink lots more water.  I feel like a fish, but still not good enough.  And they did see small traces of protein in my urine this time.  Nothing to worry about yet, but they are going to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse or lead to anything bad.

I'm a little emotional today.  I know I'm not a skinny girl.  But for some reason my doctor insists on telling me nearly every appointment that I'm a big girl or overweight.  Maybe it's because I'm hormonal, or maybe it's because it brings up stuff from my past, but it really upset me today. 

Isn't it crazy how you can be having the best possible day but one person says one small thing that makes it a not so good day?  I'm going to try to not let it get to me because I really have had a perfect day otherwise!!

I got to eat lunch with my husband!  I talked to Charlotte today!!  And I even got to thank my brother Darren for the wonderful surprise gifts he bought for Scott and I (which apparently there are 8-10 packages being sent and so far we've only received the one!!!).  Focusing on the positive right now! 

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I was amazed at the many insensitive comments I received when I was pregnant. Add that to all the hormone induced emotions and it can be like living on a roller coaster. The fact that you've only gained 3lbs at 30 weeks is amazing! You are doing a great job and the best you can do with all the stress of fixing your house. I'm sure your doctor is just trying to be overly cautious. Be proud! Enjoy being pregnant (as much as you can).

    And as an aside I love reading about all your adventures, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! I really appreciate your kind words! I am so glad that you love the blog and our adventures:)

      Delete