Friday, July 18, 2014

ALL TRUSSES ARE UP!!!

WAHOO!!!  We are so excited! It took us about 4 hours or so to put up the first 4 trusses by hand, just Scott and I (with no help from a machine or anything).

But this morning our neighbors Gordy and Jerry came out to help us set all the trusses.  Jerry ran the CAT.  He would swing the arm and with the chain to me by the trusses laying on the ground, I would run the chain around the top peak, then I would attach a series of tie straps at one end of the truss to help guide it.  After he swung the truss around and I would help guide it into place, Scott and Gordy worked very hard to secure them all.  I pre-cut 34 22.5" boards to put in between each truss along the top plate ensuring that each was correctly spaced apart. 

And if you can't tell by the pictures, my husband is a MONKEY!! Better him than me - I am not at all fond of heights and can't be more thankful for the help we had today!

The first grouping of pictures is what I also put on FB (the highlights) - the second are all the in between photos I took too. 

Also, we've been asked why we don't have any overhang with the trusses.  The reason is because we are doing a 'REMOTE' system of insulating our house where there will be 2/3rds the insulation on the outside and only one third on the inside.  This will make the walls R40 and the ceiling R72.  When we start insulating I'll go into more details with the pictures so you all can have a visual to go along with my explanation too.  We are going to add a deck (later in the future) with an overhang for shade, but it will be separate.

REMEMBER - click on the first photo and it will enlarge it, then you can scroll through them from there.  Enjoy!!


















 






































 

No comments:

Post a Comment