Thursday, April 16, 2015

We have TILE!!!

The last 2-3 weeks, Scott has been working diligently on getting our shower finished!!  First, let me say that our shower is not a pre-built, buy it from Lowe's and install type of shower.  It is a custom, walk-walk in that is 40" wide and 8' long!  There will be a normal shower head at the far end of it and then from the ceiling there will be a rain shower head too (that is for Scott as he likes to just stand under the running water!!).

It's been a process to say the least.  But this last weekend, we finally had everything ready to start tiling!!  We picked out 3 different types of tile - a pebble/rock that would be the border (~6") of the floor, a beautiful glass/marble/stone tile to use as a decorative border, and then 12x12 and 8x8 tiles of this two-toned ceramic tile that would be the main part of the wall and the floor.

I feel like a goof because I forgot my camera so I'm not sure I have the most updated pictures to post, but here is what I have!  We are pretty excited about it as it's finally starting to look like a shower!

In the middle of this group of pictures, are the pictures of the cats getting the mouse from last week.  Also, you'll notice in the shower, on the new wall there is a 'bump out'.  When we first planned the drains for the house, we planned on the shower being 36" wide.  But we decided we wanted more elbow room in there, so we widened it to 40" wide.  Because of that, we had to conceal (since we couldn't move) the drain for the bathroom sink.  However, from a girls perspective I think it turned out perfect because it is the perfect foot stand for shaving legs!!! Making lemonade out of lemons here :)  I'll be coming to town again next week and I'll post more updated pictures of the shower for you all!!  Enjoy!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment