Friday, June 6, 2014

Foundation Prep - pictures!!

Saturday, May 31st
 
We gobbled up some snacks and lots of Gatorade and Tang.  I think Tuffy really wanted to come with us!!


 Above - We replaced our wood stakes with metal ones, and Scott was stringing it out.


 He was getting an idea of how level the ground was.  We have a slight slope, so he had to dig into the side of the hill for the foundation to be level.

Marking the ground!
 
 



Finally breaking ground!! Wahoo!!! 








 Rule #1 - all tools need to stay in the same general area... easier said than done!! haha







 
 
 
Sunday, June 1
We were finally done for the weekend using the Bobcat tracker.  By the end of the weekend we had the foundation dug out, the forms set, and all the gravel inside the forms.
 


 
I just love our Wyoming sunsets!!
 
At the end of the weekend, Scott even let me drive the Bobcat!!  He thought I'd only be on it for 5 min, but nearly an hour later he had to come get me because he was hungry.  I had a lot of fun driving it and even created a 'guest parking spot' near our trailer for my car:) 
 



 
 
Wednesday, June 4
 
We fought the rain all morning/afternoon, but we were able to dig the channels for the plumbing and dry fit the pipe.  Scott was one piece short, so he ran into Powell to get what he needed.  Then we dry-fit everything and finally glued all the pieces together!!   We almost made a mistake, but we caught it before we did.....  We are adding a cleanout and were almost to the point of gluing it on when we realized we couldn't do that because then we wouldn't be able to take off the forms!!  So that will come later.
 







All the plumbing under the house is in PVC but I think we are going to use PEX for the plumbing in the walls and interior of the house.

Thursday, June 5

I don't have pictures yet of this (I'll add later), but we added all the rebar, covered up all the plumbing with a downhill grade toward the septic tank, and then we leveled off all the gravel.  It was a LONG and tiring day!!  My arms are still sore from all the shoveling and raking to level everything off.

No comments:

Post a Comment