Monday, August 3, 2015

Our 4th Anniversary - It's getting real, bring on the contractions!

Today, August 3rd, is Scott and I's 4th wedding anniversary!!!!  We were reminiscing this morning about all that we've accomplished in the last 4 years (to us it's incredible!!).  Many of you may not know our 'Story' and this would be a great time to share it with you!

Scott and I met online.  I was a senior in college (the first time) and he had just come home from his 7th deployment and was home for good.  We talked online for 2 weeks non stop!  I can honestly say that before I ever even met him, I had fallen in love with him!  There's just something unbelievable about him - maybe it's that ornery smile, or sparkling eyes, but I am still head over heels for Scott!

After 2 weeks we had our first real date!!  We met at John Bryan State Park in Yellowsprings and went hiking.  (Realizing that given his military experience and the fact he's 10 yrs older than me, it probably wasn't the best idea to take someone you've never met before into the woods!!! lol)  It was a great date!!!  At one point we came to a spot where there were lots of tree logs down and we sat down and just talked for a while.  He looked at me and said, 'Are you always this quiet?' and I said 'No!! I normally talk like crazy!' but I was so nervous.  Scott told me, 'I'm normally not talkative, but there's something about you that I just feel like I can tell you anything!'. 
After hiking, Scott still wanted to do more with me so he took me to dinner at TGIFriday's then after that we went to a movie and saw 'What Happens In Vegas' where he held my hand!!! Then afterwards he still wanted to hang out more!  I was very skeptical and nervous at this point... I really didn't want him to go to my apartment, but I chanced it.  The funny part is I didn't have a couch, only a bed, so we propped up all my pillows along the wall and sat on it like it was a couch, watching the moving 8 Seconds!  And he only held my hand!!  He was so sweet and such a gentleman!

That was the beginning of the rest of our lives!  We dated for 3 years before we finally got married.  It was Christmas 2010, three days after Christmas actually, that Scott 'proposed' - I use this term loosely because he never actually asked me to marry him!! haha!  I had pneumonia really bad that year, so Christmas came a few days later for me.  He was living down in TN at the time (for work) and I was at the house taking care of everything for him.  In TN, he got me a jacket from the Hard Rock Café.  When he gave it to me he asked me to try it on to be sure it fit, and naturally I put my hands in the pockets and sure enough, there was an engagement ring in one of the pockets!!!  My eyes widened and I ran to him hugging and kissing him - yet he never actually asked me to marry him!! 

Flash forward to August 2011 - I had really wanted a family wedding at a special place, but things just never seemed to come together and we really didn't want to ask any family to help pay for the wedding.  Plus things just started to get to the point where the wedding ideas were to make everyone else happy and not necessarily what we wanted.  I had just been told I had 5 vacation days coming to me from work and on a Thursday, Scott looks at me and says, 'Let's just elope! Let's go to Gatlinburg and just get married the two of us!' And of course I jumped on board!  So the next day I cleared it with my boss to take a few days off work the next week.  And then I was going crazy non-stop all weekend making my wedding dress.  It wasn't anything fancy at all - ~$100 in fabric (a white, light weight linen-like fabric with white embroidered hibiscus flowers on it).  Finally, at 2-3am on Wednesday, August 3rd, I finished my dress, got a few hours of sleep, drove to Gatlinburg, got our marriage license, and got married that night - on a Wednesday night!!!  It was perfect! Just the two of us!  The funny part was while I was saying my vows, Scott kept looking directly at me and it kept making me want to laugh!  If you know us, you know that should come as no surprise!!! 

We were only in Gatlinburg for a few days - not really a honeymoon, but at least it was a couple days for us to enjoy ourselves.  Someday we want to renew our vows on our property in Wyoming and to have a real honeymoon!  Someday:)

Well, 4 years later, even with everything we've been through, I can't imagine my life with anyone else!  And especially this year, with Blaine coming, this anniversary is extra special!


House Updates
I feel so silly because I left my phone cord at home so I can't upload some pictures to share with you!  It's been hot this last week so Scott has been working inside.  He has the plumbing for the toilet at least started and in the wall/ceiling.  And, the super exciting part for us right now - he added the insulation in the one wall and dry-walled about 90% of the bathroom!! There are just a few small pieces that still need cut and put up which I think he's planning on doing tonight.  This is the first time in 16+ months, that we can use the bathroom in privacy!! It's weird! And it currently echo's in there too! :)

It appears the temps maybe cooling down later this week, so Scott will be getting outside and working more on the cellar so we can get the water cistern tank in there and ready to use!!  So close!

Baby Blaine Updates
Over the last week, I've started to feel lots of pressure and slight, mild pains in my pelvis area.  Plus now I'm not feeling Blaine move around as much because she's started settling down!  Holy cow, just 2 weeks from her due date and it's starting to really become reality!

I had my 38th week Dr appointment today and it went really well! I was very hydrated (wahoo!), my BP was actually really good (normally it's on the high side of normal), and Blaine's heart rate has been consistently in the 150's!  But here's the interesting part....  As I'm laying on the table and the Dr just measured my belly, he is holding my belly and says, 'You're having a contraction!'.  I figured something was happening because I was having some pain in my lower back, but I wasn't completely sure what it was.  I honestly thought it was probably just the way I was laying on the table that was making it hurt.  He and I both think it was just a Braxton Hicks contraction, but I have been having them on/off all morning now.  This should be interesting!!!! 

Scott is bound and determined that Blaine is going to arrive exactly on her due date, so when I told him this morning that I had a contraction at the doctor's office, his eyes got huge and I think it's becoming real that she may come before then!

Nothing else much that's new....  I'm feeling good other than the increased pressure.  And I did gain another 3lbs this week so now I'm up 15 lbs total. 

I'll keep you all posted!!!!  But for now, there is no additional baby news to share yet:)

No comments:

Post a Comment