Friday, September 5, 2014

Let the roofing begin!!

We don't have all the siding up... we didn't get enough. So while waiting to get the rest, decided to start on the roofing! Yesterday we put up the wood 1x12 (14' long) as a trim piece along the top of the north side of our house and then we added on the fascia piece.  Today we started putting up the roofing panels and we got 19 of them up!! I don't have any pictures to share quite yet, but I will soon.

And I have to tell you something funny....  My rear tail light quit working sometime last week and now the blinker goes crazy! But here's the best part... For whatever reason, my trunk refuses to open!! We tried the button on my key FOB and the button in my car. And go figure, there isn't a key hole to unlock it manually - seriously, since when did car manufacturers quit doing that!  But the only way to change the bulb on my tail light is to get into the trunk.  Via Scott's research, it would be $200 to take to a dealership to replace the mechanism in the trunk... yeah, not gonna happen! So eventually he's gonna try to fix it.  Luckily, I just cleaned out my car before this happened, so nothing of significant importance is in the trunk:)  There always has to be a silver lining!!

We've had several people ask about our house and our cats lately - Our house is still for sale. We did have 1 offer (way too low). However, we have chosen to go with another realtor, so fingers crossed that helps!

The cats are doing great!! They love the carpet and running up and down our 'stairs' (made from the crates).  However they do seem to miss the open screens from the trailer because they are always meowing to go outside!  Keep in mind they are indoor cats only, but when we were back in OH we would put them on a leash and harness and let them out... but that's not likely to happen here because of the difference in terrain.

About a month ago, we got to house sit for our neighbors! We didn't stay the night there... just took care of their cats, watered all the plants and their garden, and the best part - we took care of chickens!!  I loved going out and checking for eggs! They had just started laying and had a blue/green egg and a peachy/brown egg.  But I don't see us getting any in the near future.

Gotta go!! Heading to the Cody airport to surprise one of my most favorite people!! She is coming to visit:)

No comments:

Post a Comment