Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Still on our way...

Day 3: 4/22/14

I can say I didn't sleep much at all last night.  Because the cats sleep all day in the car, they want to be up all night and play.  And they really want to be in the window of our hotel too.  Last night at about 2:30am, Buddy kept meowing in the bathroom, at the door, in the window....  So I woke up and played with him and kept him company.  Seems like all I had to do was turn on the water faucet and open the bathroom door and keep the bathroom light on! That seemed to work. I fell back asleep around 4am but it's now a little after 6am and I'm back awake.  I just can't seem to keep Princess out of the window.

Scott's still completely zonked out so I'll let him sleep till at least 7 or 8am if he needs it.  His truck doesn't have air conditioning, so when it gets warm in the cab I think that wears on him faster than me.  I keep the air on the entire time in the car so the cats don't get hot.

Driving

Today was a perfect driving day!!  We left ~10am (OH time) or 9am (NE time).  Our goal today was to drive through Nebraska and get pretty close to the WY border.  We quit driving at 7pm (OH time), 6pm (NE time) and aren't quite to WY, but we are about about 3.5 hours from Cheyenne.  Right now we are in North Platte, NE at one of the coolest hotels I've ever been to - the La Quinta!!  And the best part, they are pet friendly!!!  So we didn't have to sneak them in today:) We actually wheeled them in the front door right past the attendant - all 4 of them!! And I won't feel bad when they meow or get in the window tonight! 

We had perfect weather today. No rain, just a little windy at times, but really a perfect sunny day.  We had no issues with either vehicles or with the trailers.  We did have some crazy semi drivers that like to cut-off Scott, so he has to always be on the lookout.  But that's all!!

Scott did make some tweaks to the truck during our drive.  He tightened the sway bar on the front of the truck.

There were lots of farm fields all along our drive and the consensus is 50/50 on John Deer vs Case IH! haha!  I just had to take note of that for my dad.  All along the drive the farm fields had irrigation equipment - something I'm not used to seeing back in OH.

There was one gas station we stopped at that had a gravel parking lot!! We had to chuckle at that.  The cool thing that I saw (Scott missed it), was in the east bound lane, there was a truck an identical truck to Scott's '66 Ford F100 with the paint scheme that he is going to get on it sometime in the future!!! I couldn't believe it!

Tomorrow our goal is to get as close to Cody, WY as possible.  We will stay one last night in a hotel tomorrow night before we make the final trek to our land on Thursday. 


Here are some fun pictures for you.  As you can tell, our cats are our 'children'. 



This is how we roll!!! (Tonight at the La Quinta)





 
 
 
Here are some more pictures from the past two hotels:
 








More to come tomorrow night!!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen...I LOVE reading about your adventures! Continued safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete